Monday 23 September 2024

Awerekyekyere

Is it broken, or is it merely empty

You must tell me, Sofia, this love of ours.

Loving you in a limbo, hoping you're still in love

Filling your silence with my fervent prayer 

This tug -and-pull of hope and despair

The not-knowing where we stand, our love undead

All of my hope is you, so, Tell me,


Is it broken?

This earthen pot that is our love

Is it crushed, are we over, is it broken?

Is this our dirge I am singing?

That hollowing hollowness in my chest, is that a requiem?

This distance, does it only ever widen

Speak to me, Sofia


Is it merely empty?

Because to me, that is nothing

I will fill our pot of love again

With my tears, and your laughter, my despair, and your comfort

I will bring us back from the edge

I will reclaim this wasteland that our love has become

I will fill us again with that love that never left us cold and desperate.


But first you have to tell me, my love

Are we broken, or are we merely empty


Inspired by Awerekyekyere, sang by Kwadwo Akwaboah

No comments:

Post a Comment